There are so many moving parts when it comes to an event, there’s always an opportunity for something to go out of control. But as a professional event planner, my clients work with me to ensure their special moments go off without a hitch.
Here are 5 items that everyone planning an event should make sure are locked down and
perfect for an event.
1. Invitations: The invitation is the event’s first impression. It sets the tone for everything else that follows. It’s important.
2. Installation: When it comes time to install an event, make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to finish the installation. You do not want to be caught rushing around and cleaning up when guests walk through the door. You should be out of sight and out of mind by then! Be sure to plan ahead with your venue to ensure you have access to the space with enough time to install.
3. Timing: Some people may think it’s fashionable to start an event late, but really, it’s very rude to list one time on your invitation, and then keep those guests, who have arrived promptly, waiting.
4. Flowers: No matter the type of event, if it’s classy, it should have flowers. Make sure your flowers open fully on the day of your event. Nurturing your flowers to open perfectly when you want them to, takes time and lots of care. When it happens, it’s stunning.
5. Food and Catering: Presenting food to guests once they are seated is elegant. If you’re planning a buffet, do whatever you can to prevent long lines. You don’t want hungry guests with empty plates just standing around.