Still wanting to make sure your event goes as perfectly as planned? Here are five more items to make sure you have locked down. Check out Part One here if you missed it.
6. Music. A great band and the best DJ won’t do everything for you. You need to make sure the guests at your event can be heard and the music is appropriate. Don’t let the music send guests running.
7. Lighting. Lighting can make the difference in an intimate event, a party or a serious gathering. Be careful about where the lights are pointed and the mood they evoke.
8. Pacing. There should be a flow to all the segments of a big event, from the welcome to the good-bye. Be prepared for last minute changes. Part of the planner’s job is to make the flow work.
9. Feedback. Checking in regularly with the event’s hosts, guests and key personnel is very important. Check in regularly, and make sure they’re happy and having a good time.
10. Spreading the word. Before your event even opens the door, make sure you have done your best to spread the word. Contacting media, using social media and getting in front of the TV cameras can make a fundraiser a household word before the event starts.